Singapore’s best-kept music secret, The Alex Blake Charlie Sessions will make its debut on Saturday, 7 December at the Pasir Panjang Power Station. Organized by 24OWLS, a new business collective comprising the people behind the last five editions of Laneway Festival Singapore, the day-long music festival features a forward-looking, female-fronted line-up studded with international and Singaporean acts, many of whom are making their Asian debuts in Singapore.
It is driven by a mission: To create a unique experience for music lovers who appreciate music in its splendiferous majesty, ranging from pop rock and R&B to indie-folk and electronica, on a more personal scale, set within an unusual heritage locale.
THE EXCITING AND COMPLETE LINE-UP:
- A/K/A SOUNDS, A HOUSE/DISCO/TECHNO DJ AND RIOT GRRRL
- ALMA, FINNISH POP WONDER
- ANNA OF THE NORTH, NORWEGIAN ELECTRO-POP SINGER
- CATE LE BON, ACCLAIMED WELSH AVANT-POP MUSICIAN
- CHARLY BLISS, INFECTIOUS POWER-POP DOOZIES FROM BROOKLYN
- DREAM WIFE, ICELANDIC-BRIT PUNK-ROCK TRIO
- GINETTE CHITTICK, MULTITALENTED ARTIST FROM SINGAPORE WITH CAPTIVATING INDIE ROCK DJ SETS
- GOAT GIRL, FEMME POST-PUNKERS FROM LONDON
- KERO KERO BONITO, INDIE POP BAND WITH CROWD FAVOURITE SARAH MIDORI PERRY
- LADIES OF LCD SOUNDSYSTEM, FIERCE JOINT DJ-SHOWCASE OF NANCY WHANG AND RAYNA RUSSOM
- LÉON, SWEDISH POP PRINCESS
- SOAK, NORTHERN IRISH SINGER-SONGWRITER AKA BRIDIE MONDS-WATSON
- STELLA DONNELLY, WELSH-AUSSIE INDIE-FOLK ASSASSIN
- VANDETTA, SINGAPORE’S ALLURING ELECTRCO-SOUL R&B SONGSTRESS
The Alex Blake Charlie Sessions will be held at the Pasir Panjang Power Station which is located at 27 Pasir Panjang Road, just a few minutes’ walk from the Labrador Park MRT Station (Circle Line). The event will be the first large-scale music event to be held at the sprawling venue.
Audiences can expect the raw, industrial space to be transformed into a stunning setting with varied performance areas, dedicated relaxation corners, as well as shopping and food-and-beverage stalls. As part of its integrated approach to involve the physicality of the space, an Artist-in-Residence programme is also being launched: A group of artists and illustrators from Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand will bedeck blank walls and seating pods, turning them into works of art.
The Pasir Panjang area is an under-the-radar gem. It is enchantingly serene, accompanied by glorious nature (Labrador Nature Reserve, HortPark and Mount Faber) and culinary bonafides (Uncle Ho Tuckshop for Hanoi cuisine, PeraMakan for Peranakan food and the Pasir Panjang Food Centre).
WHAT: THE ALEX BLAKE CHARLIE SESSIONS
WHEN: SATURDAY, 7 DECEMBER 2019
10AM TO LATE
WHERE: PASIR PANJANG POWER STATION
27 PASIR PANJANG ROAD, SINGAPORE 117537
TICKETS START FROM S$500 FOR A BUNDLE OF 3 TICKETS AND S$180 EACH FOR PHASE C TICKETS.
ON SALE VIA:
- PHONE BOOKING (+65 3158 8588),
- BOX OFFICE AT SINGAPORE INDOOR STADIUM, SCOTTS SQUARE CONCIERGE, THE STAR PERFORMING ARTS CENTRE AND AT ALL SINGPOST OUTLETS.
Disparate yet complementary strains of creativity – the wild talent and the meticulously nurtured – are embodied by 24OWLS.
In 2019, several lovers of culture and all things related to music hatched 24OWLS, a genesis of spontaneity and thoughtful planning that gravitates towards the liberal use of pragmatism and progressiveness. 24OWLS, we decided, would produce works of all sizes grounded in depth of feeling and genre-spectrum exploration, an antidote for those shunning sharp, mechanised music events.
24OWLS assemble at the Pasir Panjang Power Station to discuss crushing creative boundaries and the next big ideas in music programming.
For all things social:
- Website: www.24owls.sg
- Facebook & Instagram: @24owlssg
- Spotify: http://bit.ly/24OWLS-Spotify
- Hashtag: #AlexBlakeCharlie
Click to download the press materials: